Senior Tax Manager for FTSE 250 FinTech Firm
- Item ID:
- City of London, England
- £80000 - £120000 per annum + bonus & benefits
- Financial Services
- Tax, Corporate Tax, Financial Services Tax
- Job Type:
- Published Date:
- 12 March 2018
- 11 April 2018
- Paul Kempton
A senior level position has arisen within a FTSE 250 FinTech company reporting directly into the UK Head of Tax, effectively as their number 2. The role will work across all areas of tax, i.e. compliance, reporting, advisory, transfer pricing, etc. but the position is under-pinned by reporting so it is essential the candidate has a strong grounding in this area. An excellent opportunity for someone looking for increased responsibility and exposure to a variety of areas of tax.
This role covers three key areas: tax advisory, tax reporting and forecasting, and transfer pricing. The role will therefore suit a candidate with both experience in international tax advisory matters from a UK perspective as well as a strong grounding in tax reporting skills, who can therefore efficiently lead that aspect of the Tax team's work, whilst addressing the wider aspects of the role.
- Tax advisory including:
- Provide tax support for the development and delivery of the ongoing operating structure of both the UK and wider international group.
- Identify and address international tax law developments impacting on the structure of the group.
- Liaising with HMRC and other tax authorities, and obtaining appropriate clearances.
- Tax reporting and forecasting including:
- UK tax reporting and global consolidated tax reporting.
- Preparation of tax forecasts.
- Tax disclosures for statutory accounts under IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Country-by-country reporting to HMRC, and the country-by-country report for publication in accordance CRD IV. Management of worldwide CBCR notification.
- Transfer Pricing including:
- Consideration of appropriate transfer pricing methods, including assessing developments in revenue and cost allocation.
- Updating and preparation of supporting documentation, including the Transfer Pricing Master File and transfer pricing risk assessments.
- Management and support of the team in delivering the above.
- Strong tax accounting skills, including excellent knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP and working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experienced with Oracle and Hyperion, or similar.
- Sound technical knowledge of tax and its application to commercial activities.
- Ideally ACA or ACCA qualified. CTA qualification also beneficial.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton on 020 7429 4416 or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.