Senior Front Office Support Manager for Global Investment Bank
- Item ID:
- City of London, England
- £80000 - £100000 per annum + bonus & benefits
- Financial Services
- Tax, International Tax, Financial Services Tax
- Job Type:
- Published Date:
- 07 December 2017
- 06 January 2018
- Paul Kempton
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a well established and highly skilled tax team of a huge global investment bank. This is a pure advisory position focusing on the tax implications of transactions and controlling tax risk associated with business activities across the bank.
Advising on the corporate tax implications of transactions and business initiatives and controlling tax risk associated with business activities across all entities of the Bank.
- Identify the tax implications of internal and external transactions (new products, internal restructures, capital market issuances, lending etc) originated by relevant businesses and functions
- Develop a good understanding of the relevant businesses, operating models, legal entity structures and funding and the associated tax considerations and issues
- Develop a good understanding of and identify tax considerations associated with strategic and operational changes impacting the business, including regulatory changes
- Develop, implement and monitor controls to manage tax risks
- Work collaboratively with regional and functional tax teams to provide multi-disciplinary tax support to global businesses
- Keep up to date and communicate legislative changes and their impact on the businesses and group structure
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with the businesses and other Functions
- The successful candidate will be expected to be adaptable to support the team to deliver on these projects.
- The successful candidate will be a qualified CTA, ACA or solicitor
- Strong corporate tax technical knowledge and a good understanding of tax issues relevant to the financial services industry.
- The ability to apply technical knowledge to provide practical advice to the businesses and Functions on a wide range of transactions
- Strong communication/presentation skills coupled with the ability to articulate complex tax issues to both tax and non-tax specialists
- Strong analytical and a problem-solving skills, and a solution-focused approach
- Strong stakeholder management and a proactive approach, with a demonstrated ability to take responsibility for assigned work, managing the process and stakeholders through to completion
- Ability to collaborate with others and build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- A demonstrated capability of integrity, initiative and commitment
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton on 020 7429 4416 or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.