Tax Advisory Manager
- Item ID:
- City of London, England
- £70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus & benefits
- Financial Services
- Tax, Corporate Tax, International Tax, Financial Services Tax
- Job Type:
- Published Date:
- 07 December 2017
- 06 January 2018
- Paul Kempton
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen within one of the world's leading financial institutions for an experienced tax professional to join their tax advisory team. This will be purely an advisory role focusing on transactions and deals within their key business units of asset management, equities, commodities, M&A and asset financing. It's imperative this candidate has previous advisory experience and the ability to interact with senior stakeholders and business heads.
The Manager - Tax Advisory role sits within the Tax Advisory team in Group Tax. Group Tax provides taxation support to all areas of the Group's operations as well as managing the Group's relationships with revenue authorities and external advisers. The role will focus on assisting with all corporate tax matters for various business units.
- Advising business units on tax issues relating to new transactions and products (including review of external tax advice received, if any)
- Providing tax advice on internal operations and transactions
- Providing tax input into all application sign off procedures
- Oversight of tax aspects of all legal documentation (e.g. share purchase agreements, tax deeds, ISDA, GMSLA, GMRA)
- Monitoring changes in tax law especially in relation to investment banking activities and assessing impact on the business
- Working on group tax projects relating to new legislation, corporate simplifications, thin capitalisation and recapitalisations etc.
- Advising on tax implications of corporate actions such as restructuring, acquisitions, disposals and capital and profit repatriation.
- Reviewing direct tax returns across EMEA, liaising with tax compliance and tax reporting to ensure new products are captured in internal tax reporting and external tax returns.
- Liaising with Group Tax and Finance regionally and globally and external advisors
- University degree, coupled with a formal accounting qualification
- Strong Tax Advisory experience from within a similar role from a financial services, commodities/private equity or similar industry.
- Ability to interact effectively with different levels of staff across the Group and wider business.
- A high degree of accuracy, with a process improvement focus
- Strong communication skills, with a strong team player mindset
- Ambition with a high level of energy and commitment
- Ability to work well under pressure
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton on 020 7429 4416 or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.