Senior International Tax Manager for Financial Services Group
- Item ID:
- City of London, England
- £80000 - £100000 per annum + bonus & benefits
- Financial Services
- Tax, Corporate Tax, International Tax
- Job Type:
- Published Date:
- 05 December 2017
- 04 January 2018
- Paul Kempton
A global Financial Services Group has created a role for a Senior International Tax Manager to join their tax team in London. This would be purely an advisory role focusing on group tax aspects, legislation changes, anti-hybrid rules, tax reform, front office queries and various ad hoc projects. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking for a wide ranging and varied tax role enabling them to broaden their skill-set.
This is an international tax advisory role, focused on the provision of professional advice for a number of tax critical projects and transactions in EMEA. There will also be an opportunity to cover for front office tax support and provide tax internal approvals.
- Tax technical lead in areas such as hybrids, interest restriction, bank levy, loss restriction rules.
- International tax analysis (including CFC analysis, PE risk, cross border contract/term negotiation).
- Tax analysis for reorganisations and restructuring, including with respect to capital and funding planning.
- Providing tax advice as part of strategic projects.
- Co-ordination with external advisers and tax colleagues in the US and Asia regarding cross-border transactions.
- Monitoring changes in tax law and analysing impact on businesses
- Liaison with the compliance and reporting team to ensure correct treatment of transactions in tax returns and audits
- Developing and monitoring internal controls to manage tax risk
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Professional qualification (Accountant/Lawyer/CTA) or equivalent
- Financial services tax experience preferred (e.g. in another bank, accountancy or law firm)
- Good tax technical knowledge, with a strong UK corporate tax background.
- Ability to build good working relationships with business, Finance and Legal
- Ability to deliver complex tax advice in a clear and precise commercial manner
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton on 020 7429 4416 or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.