Direct Tax Analyst
- Item ID:
- City of London, England
- £275 - £350 per day
- Commerce & Industry
- Tax, Corporate Tax
- Job Type:
- Published Date:
- 04 December 2017
- 03 January 2018
- Sophie Hutchins
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Direct Tax Analyst to join a market leading retailer. They will be responsible for managing the direct tax affairs for the Group, implementing initiatives to minimise the Group's tax liability and linking with the Property tax manager and employee tax manager where appropriate.
This role is an ideal opportuunity for a qualified tax accountant who is keen to step into a UK focued compliance and reporting role for one of the retail inudstires market leaders and gain exposure in a FTSE 100 environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to;
- Prepare direct tax data for inclusion in the Group and Group Companies accounts and other financial documents, including ownership of all the models and systems to support each of the balances.
- Prepare and clear the direct tax returns for the Group Companies, liaising with Group Finance an the external auditors as require to ensure these are completed and signed off to an agreed timetable.
- Prepare direct tax rate forecasts and deferred tax balances for inclusion within the annual budget, Q2F and 5 year Corporate Plan, including ownership of all of the models and system's to support each of the balances.
- Share based payments
- Inter-Group transactions, including transfer pricing arrangements where appropriate
- New business such as JV's and other acquisitions
- Highlight on a timely basis, direct tax issues emerging from changing legislation and circumstances of the Group
- Support the Direct Tax Manager, Head of Tax and Director of Group Finance as appropriate
- Provide general advice n-house on direct tax and tax related matters and develop in-house tax expertise and awareness.
- Implement initiatives and policies, as agreed with the Head of Tax and Direct Tax Manger.
If this is of interest then please do get in touch as soon as possible - they are ideally looking to bring someone in swiftly for the next 6 months minimum.