Indirect Tax Manager
- Item ID:
- London, England
- £65000 - £75000 per annum
- Commerce & Industry
- Tax, Indirect Tax
- Job Type:
- Published Date:
- 18 May 2017
- 17 June 2017
- Jade Hawkins
The VAT Manager will be responsible for all VAT compliance affairs of the Group-12-18 month cover, London- £65,000-£75,000The business is a leading energy multi-national, headquartered in London. This highly reputable multi-national has extensive international operations covering APAC, LATAM and EMEA regions. The successful candidate therefore will have opportunity to maintain or broaden an understanding of VAT treatments across diverse jurisdictions.
Leading energy multi-national, headquartered in London. This highly reputable multi-national has extensive international operations covering APAC, LATAM and EMEA regions. The successful candidate therefore will have opportunity to maintain or broaden an understanding of VAT treatments across diverse jurisdictions.
The company's culture is one of passion and development in order to maintain it's top tier position in it's industry making it a truly exciting place to work. You would work alongside extremely talented Tax professionals that posses a wealth of knowledge to be shared.
As VAT Manager responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and Review of all relevant VAT, Tax and Statistical declarations for a number of locations including but not limited to UK, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia, Singapore and Mexico
- Assisting with, advice and/or reporting on specific areas of indirect tax as required
- Working closely with outsourced tax compliance service provider to provide data and any other relevant information to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of indirect tax declarations
- Preparation of all monthly VAT balance sheet and turnover reconciliations
- Acting as operational point of contact to Finance
- Ensure that appropriate tax controls, procedures and reporting functionality is operated to enable the proper flow of data which will minimise tax risks and enable accurate recording and timely completion of all Indirect Tax related returns
- Providing guidance notes and training to finance team and the business as and when required
- Ensuring all VAT and indirect tax processes are documented in process notes
- Oversight of VAT Accountant
- Working closely with other support functions to provide Indirect Tax operational input and support, including finance, treasury, IT, HR, internal audit, shareholder support, legal and risk teams
- Staying abreast of ongoing changes indirect tax legislation in each relevant country and manages team to apply in practice.