Head of Credit Risk Underwriting - Consumer
- Item ID:
- London, England
- Financial Services
- Risk, Credit Risk
- Job Type:
- Published Date:
- 21 April 2017
- 21 May 2017
- James Sayer
My client is a leading Consumer Finance business, the business is going through a period of expansion due their success in the market, this is a new role created due to a re-structure.
To assist with the design, implementation and monitoring of credit management strategies that will enable the business to deliver a profitable existing customer underwriting program. A profitable program will require the mitigation of delinquency risk, treating customers fairly, the ability to understand and help manage compliance controls, the implementation of program management including the appropriate reporting and control.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the creation, implementation, maintenance and control of the Underwriting Strategy to drive forward delivery of business plans, including business metrics and key customer metrics;
- Delivering expert technical and analytical underwriting support to achieve performance;
- Driving forward fundamental development in Underwriting risk appetite, including changes to rules, fraud prevention measures, internal and external data sources;
- Ensuring Underwriting maximizes opportunities and mitigates against threats from market, industry, legal and regulatory developments and leads any resultant business changes;
- Overviewing of underwriting systems and controls;
- Identifying positions that contravene the company's credit risk policies and limit;
- Analyzing and commenting on market portfolio development;
- Participating in the implementation of risk valuation models;
- Overviewing credit systems, controls and risk framework;
- Delivering of monthly program reporting;
- Managing your direct report and using situational leadership as appropriate to develop your direct report. Delivering training and guidance to the rest of the team on risk matters, providing technical guidance to employees and colleagues;
- Liaising with senior management and key stakeholders across the business on a regular basis to plan and prioritize requests, discuss requirements and ensure the successful delivery of analytical projects;
- Undertaking any further duties determined as reasonable and necessary in fulfilment of the role.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret key data patterns and translate into key insights and intelligence.
Knowledge of SAS and SQL.
A passion for solving complex business problems and exceptional ability to break down busines problems into actionable analysis projects, then distill and convey analytical insights into crisp, audience-appropriate presentations and communications.
Minimum 5 years of experience in consumer / retail credit, working with credit risk and model development for the UK market
Minimum 5 years of experience developing existing customer underwriting strategies and financial and portfolio modelling